Your first visit will be a comprehensive examination and assessment of your case, including a review of the information provided by your dentist. If necessary, diagnostic x-rays will be taken so that your situation can be thoroughly evaluated and the ideal treatment plan can be determined. Dr. Abel will discuss your diagnosis, explain procedures and sedation options, and create a treatment plan that addresses your individual needs.
Reminders Regarding Your First Visit:
- If possible, PRIOR to your appointment, complete online registration forms and provide your dental and/or medical insurance information so we can verify your benefits
- Bring a photo ID and your insurance cards to your appointment
- Provide any written referral or x-rays that your dentist may have provided
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Let us know if you have a medical condition such as pregnancy, recent hospitalization, recent heart attack or stroke, history of heart valve or joint replacement, history of cancer treatment, etc
- Also, notify us if you are taking any blood thinners or if you have received any medicine for osteopenia or osteoporosis
To expedite your treatment, you may have your dentist send us your referral and x-ray electronically.
Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or multi-staged treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please speak with Dr. Abel about any concerns you have regarding your care. We consider it an honor to care for you and greatly appreciate the trust you place in us to do so!