Leukocyte-Platelet Rich Fibrin
Manchester Oral Surgery provides L-PRF in Manchester, NH. Call 603-622-9441 to learn more or to schedule an appointment.
What Is L-PRF?
Leukocyte-Platelet Rich Fibrin, or L-PRF, is a state-of-the-art technology that supports the regeneration of bone and soft tissue. It involves using the same proteins that your body releases naturally to repair an injury but in a higher concentration for enhanced results.
To create L-PRF, Dr. Abel will draw a blood sample from you at the time of your procedure and isolate the proteins responsible for wound healing by spinning it in a centrifuge. These isolated proteins are applied directly to the sockets after a tooth extraction or to enhance the results of bone or soft tissue grafts, accelerating the healing process. L-PRF is safe, simple, and sterile; it cannot be rejected or cause an allergic reaction because it is derived from your blood.
Benefits of L-PRF
We recommend L-PRF for many of our procedures. Benefits include:
- Improved healing
- Minimizes risk of developing dry socket after tooth extraction for an easier recovery
- Faster bone and soft tissue regeneration
- No risk of allergic reactions or sensitivities
Are You a Good Candidate for L-PRF?
You are a good candidate for L-PRF if you need a tooth extraction, bone graft, a sinus lift, or other oral surgery procedures.
Why Choose Manchester Oral Surgery?
Here’s why patients choose our practice:
- Dr. Abel is a Board-Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Manchester Oral Surgery is consistently named in New Hampshire Magazine’s Top Dentists edition for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Our highly-trained, kind and compassionate care team all work together to guide your treatment
- Individualized, professional, patient-centered care
How do I prepare for L-PRF?
It’s helpful to be well-hydrated the day before your oral surgical appointment in anticipation of having Dr. Abel draw your blood for the fabrication of L-PRF. Otherwise, there’s nothing you need to do to prepare for L-PRF. It’s applied during your oral surgical procedure and does not require a separate appointment.
How much does L-PRF treatment cost?
The cost of L-PRF treatment is included with your oral surgical procedure with Dr. Abel.
Is L-PRF safe?
Yes, L-PRF is very safe, since it comes from your own body. It cannot be rejected or cause an allergic reaction. Complications are rare and related to venipuncture.
Does L-PRF help prevent dry socket?
Yes, one of the benefits of using L-PRF is that it can minimize the risk of developing dry socket after tooth extraction.