Platelet Rich Fibrin
Manchester Oral Surgery provides PRF in Manchester, NH. Call 603-622-9441 to learn more or to schedule an appointment.
What Is PRF?
Platelet Rich Fibrin, or PRF, is a state-of-the-art technology that supports the regeneration of bone and soft tissue. It involves using the same proteins that your body releases naturally to repair an injury but in a higher concentration for enhanced results.
To create PRF, Dr. Abel will draw a blood sample from you at the time of your procedure and isolate the proteins responsible for wound healing by spinning it in a centrifuge. These isolated proteins are applied directly to the sockets after a tooth extraction or to enhance the results of bone or soft tissue grafts, accelerating the healing process. PRF is safe, simple, and sterile; it cannot be rejected or cause an allergic reaction because it is derived from your blood.
Benefits of PRF
We recommend PRF for many of our procedures. Benefits include:
- Improved healing
- Minimizes risk of developing dry socket after tooth extraction for an easier recovery
- Faster bone and soft tissue regeneration
- No risk of allergic reactions or sensitivities
Are You a Good Candidate for PRF?
You are a good candidate for PRF if you need a tooth extraction, bone graft, a sinus lift, or other oral surgery procedures.
Why Choose Manchester Oral Surgery?
Here’s why patients choose our practice:
- Dr. Abel is a Board-Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Manchester Oral Surgery is consistently named in New Hampshire Magazine’s Top Dentists edition for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Our highly-trained, kind and compassionate care team all work together to guide your treatment
- Individualized, professional, patient-centered care
How do I prepare for PRF?
It’s helpful to be well-hydrated the day before your oral surgical appointment in anticipation of having Dr. Abel draw your blood for the fabrication of PRF. Otherwise, there’s nothing you need to do to prepare for PRF. It’s applied during your oral surgical procedure and does not require a separate appointment.
How much does PRF treatment cost?
The cost of PRF treatment is included with your oral surgical procedure with Dr. Abel.
Is PRF safe?
Yes, PRF is very safe, since it comes from your own body. It cannot be rejected or cause an allergic reaction. Complications are rare and related to venipuncture.
Does PRF help prevent dry socket?
Yes, one of the benefits of using PRF is that it can minimize the risk of developing dry socket after tooth extraction.