Dental Extractions in Manchester
Manchester Oral Surgery provides multiple teeth extractions in Manchester, NH. Call 603-622-9441 to learn more or to schedule an appointment.
Indications You Need Teeth Extracted
There are several reasons you might need to have multiple teeth extracted at once. These include:
- Advanced periodontal disease
- Teeth have more damage than can be repaired with restorative dentistry
- Severe decay
- Fractured teeth
- Orthodontic treatment
- Teeth are impacted (fully or partially trapped beneath the gum line)
- Placement of dental implants
- Insertion of a new denture
Why Choose Manchester Oral Surgery?
Dr. Abel specializes in teeth extractions. Here’s why patients choose our practice:
- Sedation anesthesia ensures that you’ll feel relaxed and comfortable
- Leukocyte-Platelet Rich Fibrin (L-PRF) helps minimize the risk of developing dry socket after teeth extractions for an easier recovery
- Our Piezosurgery unit allows for a more precise, less traumatic approach to the removal of teeth
- In select cases, your teeth can be extracted and your dental implants placed on the same day
- Dr. Abel is a Board-Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Manchester Oral Surgery is consistently named in New Hampshire Magazine’s Top Dentists edition for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Our highly-trained, kind and compassionate care team all work together to guide your treatment
- Individualized, professional, patient-centered care
At Manchester Oral Surgery, Dr. Abel has taken advantage of significant advances in technology used for dental extractions. One of these advances, the Piezosurgery unit, is available in our office. When indicated, this surgical instrument allows for a less traumatic approach to removing teeth or root tips. This particular ultrasonic micro-vibration unit allows Dr. Abel to make micrometric cuts in the bone adjacent to a tooth for minimally invasive extractions with maximum surgical precision.
Should I stop taking my blood thinning medication before teeth removal?
Never stop taking a prescribed blood thinner unless specifically instructed to do so by your prescriber. Generally, Dr. Abel will instruct patients who take daily over-the-counter aspirin to continue taking it for teeth removal. However, he may request permission from your prescriber for you to hold your stronger blood thinners.
How many teeth can be extracted at the same time?
There is no limit on how many teeth can be extracted at once. Most patients prefer to have all of their needed teeth extractions performed during one appointment.
Is multiple tooth extraction painful?
No, we use local anesthesia to numb your mouth and ensure that you feel no pain. It’s common to sense movement and pressure but not discomfort. Sedation anesthesia is often an option as well.
How long does it take to recover from multiple teeth extractions?
It typically takes 7 to 14 days to recover from a multiple teeth extraction procedure.
What can I expect after having multiple teeth removed?
We’ll provide you with detailed aftercare instructions, but you can expect to experience some discomfort and swelling after your procedure. We recommend taking a few days off of work to relax at home, eat soft foods, avoid strenuous activities, and follow the instructions we give you.
How long after teeth removal can I get dentures?
In some cases, your general dentist will make immediate dentures ahead of time for Dr. Abel to insert following your teeth extractions. Otherwise, we usually recommend waiting at least 6-8 weeks after extractions before having your dentures made, as this allows your soft tissue and jawbone time to heal.
Call 603-622-9441 to schedule an appointment